Microscope-assisted interventions are slowly but surely becoming more common in dental clinics around the world.
Now, patients in Ploiesti can benefit from the advantages of procedures performed under microscopic control and in the Office Dent dental clinic.
Teeth are very small and fine structures resembling eyes, ears or nose. ENT surgeons, ophthalmologists or neurosurgeons routinely operate with a microscope to give the surgery the highest possible accuracy and precision. The advent of the microscope in dental practice has led to greater accuracy in predictability of treatments and in obtaining results of superior functionality and aesthetics because it has 2 major benefits: excellent lighting without shadows and magnifications over 25 times because you can not treat what don't see!
For the dentist, the detailed visualization of a tooth or a root canal improves the quality of the medical act and during the treatment, the patient can follow in real time on the monitor in the office the procedure performed and has the same clear image as the doctor. / p>
Under the microscope treatments are recommended in certain situations:
- Endodontics (the branch of dentistry that deals with the canal treatment of teeth). Due to the much better visualization, canal treatments are much more effective and more complicated procedures such as removing those broken from the canal or teeth with calcified canals or accessory canals can be treated because the microscope provides a significant magnification that helps visualize details that otherwise it would be impossible to see with the naked eye.
- Possible avoidance of an extraction - the retreatment of teeth that have developed a root granuloma is done with much more accuracy and in some cases the teeth can be saved from extraction.
- The treatment of dental caries is much more effective because the microscope, through the magnifications it offers, ensures the elimination of caries completely and no more than necessary and the fillings (fillings) are much better adapted not allowing subsequent infiltrations. >
- The descaling of the teeth done under microscopic control ensures a better cleaning of the teeth and the periodontal operations with flap (cleaning with special tools of the tooth root) have a better result because all the affected tissue is removed and the healthy tissue is kept intact. a larger measure.
- Grinding teeth to cover them with a metal or ceramic crown is a common procedure in dental practice. If the microscope is used then the polishing edges are much sharper and more precise allowing the artificial crown to adapt better and thus a superior adaptation and aesthetics is obtained.
For doctors, using a microscope is a benefit because it improves their position while working, it makes them constantly improve because it takes many hours of classes to benefit from the true value of working with the optical microscope.