Non-surgical periodontal therapy treatment involves careful subgingival sanitization of the tooth roots to remove bacterial plaque and tartar from deep periodontal pockets thus smoothing the root and eliminating bacterial toxins.
The Biolase Epic dental laser is the most advanced device in the field and complements non-surgical periodontal therapy with multiple advantages:
- Strong bactericidal effect that effectively reduces subgingival bacterial cultures
- weakens the connection between the tartar and the tooth, thus helping to remove the tartar
- vaporizes granulomatous tissue
- Improves fibroblast adhesion to the root
- Helps to reconnect the gum
- promotes bone formation
As the name suggests, the Biolase laser can also be used as a biostimulator, with a healing accelerating effect, pain relief, collagen production stimulation and a general anti-inflammatory effect.